Tuesday, March 25, 2008

He's Home






Sorry, it has been so long since there has been an update. We have been so busy with so many things. Jude came home on St. Patricks Day and is doing really well. It was actually harder to leave the people in the NICU. They really were absolutely wonderful. But, there was one nurse who won us over from the first day. Tom was actually in the delivery room when Jude was born and he asked the Dr. to follow him. Everyone in the green room (NICU room we were in) knew that Jude was Toms baby. At one point we were moved to the PICU because there were too many babies in the NICU. Tom came in to work the next day and was so upset that he was moved. He actually would go over to the PICU and check on him. I guess he yelled at a few PICU nurses because he didn't think Jude was getting enough attention. Luckily, the week before we came home Jude was moved back to NICU. They were still short on space so we actually got moved to the pink room. Tom changed rooms so that he could be with Jude. Not only did Tom get attached to Jude but Chad and I got attached to him. He was so helpful to us. So it was kind of sad leaving but we promised to keep in touch with him.

Jude is on a feeding schedule of every three hours and we have to wake him up to accomplish this. Isn't there some rule about never waking a sleeping baby! He is up to an ounce and a half right now and gulps it right down every time. We do a little therapy everyday, hopefully we are doing it right!! His weight was 4.11 last Thursday and we have a visiting nurse that comes out every week to weigh him and to answer any questions that we have. That is really helpful. But on top of that we have so many other appointments that my calendar is full. I am sure it will slow down at some point, at least, I hope. Noah was so excited the day we brought him home. He is such a good brother. He loves holding him and Jude loves when Noah sings twinkle twinkle little star. Levi is not quite sure what is going on. He tries to get close to Jude but we really have to watch him because he doesn't know his own strength. It is so nice have everyone home even though it has been absolutely crazy. It seems like everything is hitting at once. Jude came home on Monday and on Wednesday we were back at the hospital. That night I had really bad pain in my stomach and my back. It hit me so hard and so fast, I couldn't breathe and was rolling around on the floor. An ambulance came and took me to the ER. Apparently, I have gallstones and I am having my gallbladder out this Friday. We were sitting there and Chad couldn't believe one day home and we were back at the hospital. God also sold our house this week. What a praise! We aren't really sure where we are going but I'm told it will all work out. On top of all of this I am suppose to go back to work on Monday - we'll see!! I am not ready to go back. I feel like I am just getting to know Jude and we have been so busy we haven't had any time to really relax together. So that is what is going on in our lives. Thank you again for all of your prayers and support.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Hello Jude ,
I am so glad you have finally gotten to go home and i am sure your mommie and daddy along with the rest of your family are happy you are home where you belong . You just keep on eating and getting strong and before you know it you will be able to be up and wrestling with your brother's .

God Bless you and your family !!!!

Much Love from your friend in Texas!!